Students Write ...
Asia, Europe & Israel
Dharamsala, Manali, Leh (Ladakh)
Chiang Mai, Koh Pha Ngan
In their own words...
"Thank you Sati, for being a great teacher. You were making sure that we learned the technique, but also the nurturing and listening touch and attitude, and that there is a whole energetical aspect to Shiatsu (Qi = life energy), which we focus on. I feel very grateful for so many things we learned and for having such an intense learning time together. Especially that we got glimpses into TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine), which is at the base of Shiatsu.
I feel very inspired about this reality of a medicine that is looking at a human and his diseases in a holistic way. Not treating the symptoms separately, instead supporting the whole human to come into balance (body, emotions, nutrition ...). Now I am working with Zen Shiatsu in Sweden. Again and again I feel so grateful that I am working with something I love. Thank you for all you taught me!!!!"
- Stephanie (Austria), Zen Shiatsu practitioner - Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2017-2018, Goa, India)
"Just only to make us feel inside ourselves the power of our energy, in our Hara, to give to others througth the hands with that special quietness, that special listening and knowing touch it was worth to be there and share with you.Then, it came the passion for the teaching of TCM, this way you show us, so inspiring, so easy to understand, so beautiful to learn like this, so creative...you have a gift in teaching some things...I love what I have studied with you...
thank you. I hope I´ll find more teachers like you."
- Mar (Spain), Pharmacist, now also Zen Shiatsu practitioner & TCM student - Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2015-2016, Goa, India)
***"Thank you for your precious teachings. I really enjoyed the course and appreciate your preparation and the care you structure the lessons. I think you have been able to give the maximum information possible in the time given ... and you made it possible to make it 'light'!
I was really impressed and fascinated from what we discovered about TCM so I bought some of the books you suggested and I found myself well prepared to read them...so thank you! The subject is very interesting..for me It just make sense and is sooo round!
I have to say I got a lot of benefit from this Indian experience of impermanence. Something has changed..like a little miracle....things that were affecting me are just gone.. but more than this ...There is a special sense of peace, satisfaction that I have never experience before. There is a new inner strength that is not powerful but steady, calm, confident and positive. I didn't expect to change my life but this new feeling helped me to have some new perspective."
- Ryan (Australia), B.A. in Social Sciences, musician, now Zen Shiatsu practitioner -
Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2011-2012, Goa, India)
"Thank you for teaching me Shiatsu and much more. You are a born teacher."
- Alessandro (Italy), Thai Massage and Shiatsu Practitioner - Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2011-2012, Goa, India)
"The course was for me a way to break with the past, get in touch with my body and start caring for it. I am definitely on this path much stronger now and will continue. Thinking back on the course I have only admiration and truly feel I am honored being your student."
- Nils (Belgium), Artist - Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2011-2012, Goa, India)
"I think this course is very good for people beginning in healing practice. The atmosphere was very good and friendly and you are very good at bringing good energy and a loving feeling to a group."
- Pierre (Switzerland/France/Thailand), artist, Reiki teacher, Human Design and PMT facilitator - Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
- Julien (France) musician – Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2010-2011, Goa, India)
"You have been in my thoughts often over the last few years ...Your course introduced me to meditation and Chi kung as well as the 1st degree Reiki and I am so grateful as it has deepened my spiritual practice immensely. I will be offering Reiki on a donation basis, to pass on the generosity of spirit I learned from you." (Written in July 2006)
- Ceri (UK) Alexander Technique therapist and Reiki practitioner - Reiki Level 1 Course (Three Lotus House 2002, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"I feel very fortunate to have spent these months studying with you. I feel like you’ve given me a great tool to learn more about life and myself and to share some love with the world around me wtih Shiatsu. What I so appreciate about the way you teach - namely that you've left me so free. You're honest in where you see an imbalance, but never pushing advice. You leave the responsibility really up to my self."
- Tom (Germany) Practitioner of Shiatsu, Acupuncture and various forms of complementary therapy - Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"I know I was not the perfect student for you, but you were the perfect teacher for me. You made me conscious of many realities in my life and in the life. You made me realize so many things with your teaching, and I am very very very GRATEFUL!!! I know the road is still long, but I have begun it...slowly slowly. I am ready for the adventure. Like you said, 'We have now a box of tools and we have the choice to use it not only for shiatsu, but also for other practices that can lead us to a better life for us and others."
- Laurent (Belgium) flare barman become Shiatsu practitioner – Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2010-2011, Goa, India)
"Thank you so much for a wonderful course. The whole experience was lovely. I think you have created a really special forum for people to explore "touch" and its boundaries in a most unique and supportive (supported) way. I learned so much! The exercises were challenging but also very rewarding. I know I'll be reflecting on the whole experience for a long time to come."
- Kristen (USA) student of Acupuncture and complimentary therapies – Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"Dear Oda, I would like to tell you how grateful and blessed I am and Wild Rose Studio from having your presence and workshop there. Thank you again for helping us to launch this project and for just being such a beautiful and strong healer- we are all that much better because of you and your practice."
- Rosemary (USA) Yoga practitioner and owner/manager of Wild Rose Studio, Chiang Mai Thailand (January 2008)
"I am realizing now that I left the course with a tremendous gift in my hands." (written in 2011)
- Veerle (Belgium) - Integrated Zen Shiatsu Course (2008-9, Goa, India)
"This course has exceeded my expectations. I have come in touch with something inside myself I didn't know was there. I have also become much more aware of how closed my heart has been, I didn't realize it had been. I can honestly say that this course is the start of something new and significant. Sensitively led and facilitated, Oda has drawn out the best in us and created a safe and warm environment which allowed me to explore and find."
- Marijke (Holland/ Spain) occupational therapist and hydro-colonic therapist - Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"It's about 6 years since you taught me Shiatsu. I must admit that your course is the base to all massage treatments that I give." (Written in July 2006)
- Nir (Israel) IT specialist and Shiatsu practitioner - Shiatsu Course (August 2000, Ladakh, India)
"Thank you for having transferred this Reiki knowledge and most of all for being what you are saying. It's really helpful to see and speak with a reality like you rather than read it in books. Thank you for allowing us to understand better the world and ourselves, for giving us keys and for being honest."
- Stephanie (France) cabin crew, Air France - Reiki Level 1 Course (February 2008, Tiruvanamalai, Tamil Nadu, India)
"Nice to bring people in this form together and to see where we all stay, regarding our borders and boundaries, with ourselves and with others. Sometimes challenging. The main thing I could take out of the course is to surrender more to intuition and feeling, connect to the quiet spot within and let it flow, trust and go beyond the mind (head).It doesn't so much matter what you do but how! Also, more awareness of my body and its working position."
- Manuela (Austria) student of healing arts– Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"The workshop was a revelation to me. Also, you showed me the essence of Chi Gong. Now I know how to listen to my body. Also I learned to open up more to myself and other people. The sequence of exercises and the exercises themselves were just perfect for me. Thank you for this wonderful gift."
- Evelyn (Germany/Thailand) - Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"What a week! I would love to have and to live a week like this one all the year.This week has changed me. I was hoping that human beings are connected together; now I am sure. It can't be any other way. Merci."
- Benoit (France) cabin crew, Air France - Reiki Level 1 Course (February 2008, Tiruvanamalai, Tamil Nadu, India)
"The course was very interesting. I learned to be more patient, to listen to myself and to be more self-confident."
- Gianni (Italy) film maker, student of complementary therapies - Knowing Touch Course (December 2007, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"I really enjoyed the 'Knowing Touch' workshop. The small group dynamic was something new to me. I was inspired. It is only a week later and already I am at a 'different place' in myself. Movement. This is something which really interested me. A new confidence in 'going with the flow' and just feeling, which you taught me to explore. In understanding my self more, I hope to help others. Thank you for inspiring me."
- Kirrah (Australia) Massage Therapist - Knowing Touch Course (January 2006, Goa, India)
"I wanted to let you know how grateful I am to you for putting me on the Reiki path. I was your student in Chang Mai in 2002. I've since gone on to become a Master in both Usui and Sekhem-Seichim Reiki and continue to make it a part of my life." (written in December 2006)
- Julie (USA) – Reiki Level 1 Course (Three Lotus House 2002, Chiang Mai, Thailand)
"I've become extremely inspired about holistic healing and the methods that you know and practice It opened up these doors for me."